Sunday, August 10, 2008

Book Launch Party

Susan Biddle and Carol McKay hosted a great book party last night in honor of the publication of my book. Susan is a staff photographer at the Washington Post (who has just taken a buy-out), and Carol is a picture editor at U.S. News & World Report. I worked with both of them at the White House during the Reagan administration.

So many great friends and colleagues joined us at Susan's house in Silver Spring, Maryland. Because it was an unseasonably cool Washington evening, the party was mostly outside. I made a short presentation about how I got started photographing Sen. Obama and explained how the book came about. 

Several guests arrived with their books in hand for me to sign, and many more purchased books at the party. For me, it was a memorable evening, one I shall never forget.


No comments: