Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ten Radio Interviews

What to do. Last week I was on vacation at our cabin in northern Michigan. We have no phone and no internet. And if I walk ten feet into Douglas Lake, I'm lucky to find one bar on my Iphone (it usually took me ten minutes to just download the latest Red Sox box score).

So when my publisher asked me if I could do a series of ten radio interviews last Thurday, they insisted that I use a land line. I said confidently that I would be able to find a neighbor who had a phone I could use. Which turned out to be more difficult than I thought.

Then I remembered that there was a Holiday Inn Express across from the small airport about 25 minutes from our cabin. So I drove there, and explained my dilemma to a woman named Isabel at the front desk. She was kind enough to let me use a room for two hours to do my interviews.

When I finished, I presented Isabel with a signed copy of my book.

One of the radio interviews, with Steve Fast of WJBC, can be downloaded via ITunes.

No comments: